Audio-Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
This is the microphone that I am currently using to record my podcast Travel Horror Stories but to be completely honest this mic is not going to be for everyone.
Admittedly, this mic was one I already owned from my days of recording music as a hip hop artist.
That said, this is a professional studio mic and will absolutely give you the best sound – but you have to be able to control the environment that you are recording in. This mic will record EVERYTHING and is the type of mic that is used in a soundproof studio.
This mic is also a condenser mic which means it requires additional power, known as phantom power so I also have a Blue Icicle which gives the mic it’s power while providing a way to connect with my computer via USB.
The average podcaster is recording in their office, closet or spare room and as a result, should take a look at Blue Microphones and purchase a mic that is a bit more forgiving with regards to ambient sound and plugs directly into your computer.
- Technically advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics
- Externally polarized (DC bias) true condenser design, Exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high SPL capability for greatest versatility
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides a superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Precision machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- State of the art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T’s stringent consistency and reliability standards
Rudderless is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.