Rode VideoMic Go
Just as important as video quality is sound.
This is a great little lightweight mic that I like to attach on my camera which is great for unexpected interviews or recording ambiance. The built-in mic’s on DSLRs are pretty brutal so if you plan on using your DSLR to record a video where the audio is important you’ll need to upgrade the mic.
In addition to I bought an extension wire so I can remove the mic from the camera, place it on a small stand like the PGYTECH Osmo Pocket Extendable Tripod and connect the extension wire to the camera. This allows the camera to be further back, fitting more of the scene or a two-person interview into the video
- Delivers clear, crisp, directional audio with incredible ease of use
- Rode designed the VideoMic GO with a tight pickup area that focuses directly in front of the mic
- Reduces other surrounding sounds, ensuring that your subject is isolated from background noise
- The integrated Rycote Lyre shock mount isolates the VideoMic GO from bumps and vibrations
- No complicated switches or settings and is powered by your camera’s external microphone input
Rudderless is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.